What is Survey?
Surveys provide instructors with an assessment tool that is useful for anonymous student polling purposes, evaluations, and random checks of knowledge. Instructors can create and place a Blackboard survey anywhere within the Content Areas.
Where to Manage Surveys?
1. Enter the course site, select Course Tools and then Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
How to Create a Survey?
1. Under Tests, Surveys, and Pools, select Surveys.
2. Select Build Survey.
3. Fill in the Name field.
4. Fill in the Description and Instructions fields, if desired.
5. Click the Submit button at bottom of this page.
Note: The Build Survey feature functions in the same way as the Build Test and offers most of the same options for creating and managing Surveys.
How to Edit or Delete an Existing Survey?
1. Within the course site, go to the desired Content Area.
2. Click on the Edit or Delete button next to the name of the Survey to edit or delete the survey.
Questions about Survey
1. What is difference between Build Survey and Build Test?
The Build Survey feature functions in the same way as the Build Test and offers most of the same options for building and managing Surveys. Surveys differ from Tests in the following ways:
• Questions on Surveys cannot be assigned points.
• Surveys cannot include Random Blocks of questions.
• Instructors cannot give students feedback.
• Survey questions cannot be categorized.
• Questions may be imported to a Survey. Questions that are imported into a Survey may not included correct and incorrect answers.