Training, Consulting & Support News
Fall 2013 Training: Blackboard, Respondus, Collaborate, and more!
It's that time of year again...
and in response, we are offering a new, improved set of workshops on a variety of topics including:
- Blackboard Basics
- Collaborate Web Conferencing
- Blackboard Grade Center
- Blackboard Groups
- Blackboard and Turnitin Assignments
- Respondus Test Creation
- and more ...
We are also available for one-on-one consultations and meeting or departmental overviews. Contact the Blackboard Help Desk for more information at 619.594.3485 or bbhelp at sdsu.edu
Sign up Today at http://its.doattend.com
Smart Classroom Training August 19 - 23, 2013
Workshops on the use of Smart Classroom equipment are being offered every day during the week of August 19-23, 2013. Please see the Smart Classroom Workshop page for specific times and topics. If you have questions, please contact Stan Greene at the ITS Check-out Counter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (619) 594-5691
Putting Your Courses Online: Follow-up Resources from October Provost Lunch
To schedule an initial design consultation with the ITS support team about putting your course online, please complete the SDSU Teaching Online Primer (TOP) survey. With the information you provide, the team will be in a better position to sit down with you and to help you get started
September 27th CTL Presentation "Flipping the Traditional Classroom"
If you missed the September 27th Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) Lunch on Learning presentation by Roger Freedman, "Flipping the Traditional Classroom", we now have materials for this event, including links to a video capture of Roger's presentation and PDF and native PowerPoint versions of his slides (which you are free to distribute with appropriate attribution).
Recording of Presentation
Blackboard News and Workshops for Fall 2012
Fall 2012 courses are up and ready for your work and development in our NEW Blackboard 9.1 system: http://blackboard.sdsu.edu
We have created a Quick Start animated tutorial that will get you up and running in Blackboard 9.1 in less than 15 minutes. This includes how to make your course available to students: Quick Start Tutorial
We also have a dedicated Blackboard 9.1 support site. Many frequently asked questions can be answered by going to this website: http://its.sdsu.edu/blackboard/instructor/BB9/index.html
We are currently offering workshops now and throughout the semester, including a NEW workshop on how to use rubrics within Blackboard and existing workshops on Blogs, Wikis, and Journals, the Blackboard Grade Center, and more.
You can view workshop offerings, schedule, and register for these workshops at the following web site: http://its.doattend.com/
Hope to see you there!
One Day In May!
This year, there were four different tracks for participants to choose from: 1) Digital Age Assessment, 2) Faculty Showcase, 3) Programmatic Assessment, and 4) ITS Tools / FIT Center. There were three general sessions consisting of a Keynote, Welcome from President Hirshman, and a closing reception.
Over 110 people attended the symposium, the largest number in its history.
Respondents to a post-event survey rated the symposium very favorably on all criteria, including a median rating of 9 out of 10 points possible for presentations.
- Keynote, "Learner Analytics and the 'Big Data' Promise for Course & Program Assessment": John Whitmer ( View...)
- Bookending Course Data, Part I: Jim Marshall ( View...)
- Bookending Course Data, Part II: Marcie Bober-Michel ( View...)
- Setting the Stage for Program Assessment: Brian Spitzberg ( View...)
- Exams and Test Taking in the Digital Age: Steve Schellenberg ( View...)
- Psychedelic Assessment: Eric Smigel ( View...)
- Integrating Google Docs for Assessment: Janet Bowers ( View...)
- Lessons Learned, Assurance of Learning: Strategic planning through programmatic assessment, Part 1: Kathleen Krentler ( View...)
- Using a Workplace Model to Assess Students: Terri Larsen ( View...)
- Adaptive Quizzing: Mark Laumakis ( View...)
- QOLT, Efforts to Identify and Improve Online Teaching and Learning: Brett Christie ( View...)
- Quit Fighting with Assessment: Val Renegar ( View...)
- Why Curve Based Grading Muddies Assessment: Brock Allen ( View...)
- Security and Privacy in the Digital Age: Rich Pickett ( View...)