The Multimedia Development Room is for the use of faculty and staff in developing instructional multimedia through the integration of materials such as videotapes, computer-based instruction, CD-ROM, and interactive video. This facility (FIT Annex in AH-1113G) may be reserved and accessed by contacting an ITS faculty consultant (619 594-6348) and is open during the same hours as the FIT Center (AH-1109).
The Multimedia Development Room has the following equipment and capabilities:
- Digital video editing using iMovie for capturing videotape (VHS, S-VHS, Mini-DV) segments and adding titles and special effects.
- CD-R and CD-RW recording (Windows, Macintosh, audio and multi-format CD's).
- DVD-video recording using iDVD to playback on most DVD players.
- DVD-ROM recording for storing data.
- Video capture and conversion to QuickTime, AVI, Windows media formats.