Got grading? ITS, Enrollment Services, and the Registrar created a tool in early 2016 to make your end-of-semester grading easier. This process will permit you to upload your grades from Blackboard into the SDSU WebPortal simply and painlessly. No more endless drop-down menus and fewer errors that inevitably result from the manual entry of grades.
This new functionality works best for courses with around 50 or more students. Since there are several steps involved, you will need to decide if the extra work is worth it. Participants in a pilot project to test out this tool reported more than a 90% reduction in the time it took them to input final course grades. If you are not comfortable creating columns in Blackboard Grade Center or using Excel files, you can make an appointment on the ITS website at http://its.sdsu.edu/support/ and we can assist you.
- This process will ONLY work with a CSV file downloaded from Blackboard using the column name“Course Letter Grade”.
- It will not work with a CSV file generated in any other way and you cannot open the file once you download it from Blackboard.
- This tool will return an “ERROR” message for any grade of Incomplete. Grades of Incomplete must be entered into WebPortal manually and require instructors to complete an Incomplete Agreement in WebPortal.
Check out this link for a demonstration of how to use this new tool: http://bit.ly/1SUHyXG
If you prefer written instructions, here they are. You cannot deviate from the names or steps listed here.
5. Scroll down and select “Download”
6. When a new window opens, in Section 1 choose “Selected Column” and choose “Course Letter Grade” from the drop down menu
7. In Section 2, Delimiter type = “Comma” and “Submit”
2. Click on “WebGrades”
3. Select “Submit Grades” and click “Go”
5. Upload your saved .csv file
6. View success message, which includes the number of grades uploaded.