Aurora’s ITS Blog Posts
- Summer 2021 Classroom Refresh Projects
- Enhanced Instruction with Connected Classroom Technology
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within the IT Division
- Smart Classroom Training Now Available Online
- SDSU Summer Refresh: Newer, Faster, and Brighter Rooms on Campus
- Faculty in Focus – Arlette Baljon
- Smart Classroom Upgrades – Summer 2017
- Smart Classroom Upgrades – Summer 2016
Aurora has over 20 years of experience working in technology in higher education, joining the the SDSU community in 2005 as Equipment Systems Specialist for the College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts. Previously, she served as a Technology Support Analyst for Arizona State University.
As the Instructional Technology Services Associate Director, Aurora oversees the ITS staff members, as well as approximately 25 ITS Student Assistants. Aurora coordinates the maintenance and support of classroom systems, training for faculty, day-to-day operations of the ITS One-Stop Help Desk, and contributes to video conferencing and special events. She received, along with other ITS and ITUS colleagues, the Presidential Staff Exellence Award in 2021 for Team Effort. Aurora is also serving as a member of the IT Diversity Council at SDSU.
B.S., Management Information Systems – University of Arizona
M.Ed., Educational Technology – San Diego State University
Aurora was once a contestant on the Price is Right, when it was still hosted by Bob Barker and Rod Roddy! Super legit. She played the Punch Game, spun 95 cents on the Big Wheel and made it to the Showcase at the end.
Affiliations and Publications
Extron Certified AV Associate
KPBS Radio Reading Service
Instructional Technology Services
Adams Humanities, 1st Floor
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego, CA 92182-8114