Marcie Bober Michel
✉ [email protected]
Marcie has long been affiliated with ITS. A decade ago, for example, she worked with Mark, James and Jim (Julius) to explore the ways in which a hybrid instructional format can support student learning in the large classroom setting. This year, she will focus on evaluation of the Canvas pilot — contributing as well to evaluative work associated with other ITS initiatives. Additionally, she is tasked with building evaluation capacity by designing a framework and associated protocols to ensure consistent data gathering across all projects or initiatives in which ITS is engaged.
Ph.D. in Learning Design & Technology from Arizona State University
In my early 30s, I qualified for and ran in the Boston Marathon; my qualifying time was 3 hours/19 minutes (avg 7.6 minute mile).
- Russ-Eft, D. F., Bober-Michel, M. J., Koszalka, T. A., & Sleezer, C. M. (2014). Fieldbook of ibstpi evaluator competencies. Charlotte, NC: IAP Publishing.
- Russ-Eft, D., Bober, M. J., de la Teja, I., Foxon, M., & Koszalka, T. A. (2008). Evaluator competencies: Standards for the practice of evaluation in organizations. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Lightner, S., Bober, M. J., & Willi, C. (2007). Using team-based activities to promote engaged learning. College Teaching, 55(1), 5-18.
- Bober, M. J. (2005). Ensuring quality in technology-focused professional development. In C. Howard, J. Boettcher, L. Justice, K. Schenk, G. Berg, & P. Rogers (Eds.), Encyclopedia of distance learning (pp. 845-852). Hershey, PA: Information Science Publishing.
- Bober, M. J. (2005). The complexities of measuring technological literacy. In L. Tan Wee Hin & R. Subramaniam (Eds.), Handbook of research on literacy in technology at the K-12 level (pp. 217-233). Hershey, PA: Information Science Publishing.
- Bober, M. J., & Impelluso, T. (2005). Revitalizing the mechanical engineering curriculum: Challenges and rewards. In W. Aung, R. W. King, J. Moscinski, S. Ou, & L. M. Sanchez Ruiz (Eds.). 2005 iNEER special volume: Innovations 2005—world innovations in engineering education and research (pp. 79-98). New York: Begell House Publishing.
- Bober, M. J. (2004). The challenges of instructional accountability. TechTrends, 48(4), 48-51.
- Bober, M. J. (2004). LTCA: Robust evaluation predicated on stakeholder engagement. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 12(2), 159-184.
Instructional Technology Services
Adams Humanities, 1st Floor
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego, CA 92182-8114