Our Faculty Recording Studio is an acoustically-treated environment featuring two broadcast quality microphones to capture high quality audio and HD webcam video.
- Two Broadcast quality Shure Microphones
- iMac computer
- HD Logitech Webcam
- Zoom web conferencing/screen sharing
- Camtasia Software
Getting Started Questions
How do I reserve the studio? – Reservations for the studio can be made by filling out the Faculty Recording Studio Request Form. Please note a RED ID is required.
When can I record? – Sessions can be scheduled in one or two hour increments, from the hours of 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday. For example, if you need to record for one hour, then the latest time to record would be from 3-4 pm. If you need to record for two hours, then the latest time to record would be from 2-4 pm.
Do you charge any fees? – If the content is to support a credit-bearing course for matriculated students, no fee is charged.
Faculty Recording Studio Policy & Terms
The ITS Faculty Recording Studio (FRS) is here to help faculty by providing them an environment where they can create course content. Course content may include screen capture, audio and video recordings. The FRS does not provide editing services of course content.
- Please submit your FRS request form, which will be reviewed by the Academic Media team and Faculty Resource Coordinator. You will receive a reply within five to seven business days.
- The FRS is for recording appropriate instructional content for your credit-bearing SDSU course for matriculated students. This would include your own instructional content and/or purchased copyright clearance. The space and equipment is not for personal recording.
- For scheduling between 9 am-4 pm, please indicate if you will be recording for a one-hour or two-hour session.
- In the Description of Content, please be detailed in your description – What are you are recording, what recording tools (e.g., Zoom, Camtasia, podcast, other software) will you be using, and have you recorded in the past with your home or office computer or other device.
- Please bring a USB flash drive to store and transfer any files needed for your session. Files left on the ITS computer will be subject to deletion.
- If a FRS user doesn’t abide by the policy and terms, and/or damages the FRS equipment/furniture, then the user can be banned for a finite period of time.
The FRS is scheduled on a first reserve basis, and cannot be double booked. Instructional Technology Services will provide brief training and tutorials on Zoom, Camtasia, and other software upon request. Scheduled sessions will be dependent on staff availability and are subject to change. Our resources are limited and not intended to provide for ongoing needs in lieu of a department or college.