Large Format Printing at Instructional Technology Services (ITS)
ITS Graphics has a 42″ wide, HP large-format color printer for producing poster session and other large prints. This service is available to faculty and to graduate students who are co-authors with faculty. ITS does not print posters for undergraduate students, the Student Research Symposium or for personal use.
For faculty, in certain circumstances and workload permitting, a graphic designer may be available to create your poster for you. The designer will need the text of your poster in an unformatted Word file. Graphs, charts, maps etc. for the poster can be created by the designer from your data or can be sent as already created PowerPoint, Illustrator, Excel or PDF files.
FILE TYPES For poster printing we accept files from:
- PowerPoint (42” x 56” maximum size) • Illustrator (42” x 108” maximum size)
- InDesign (42” x 108” maximum size) • Photoshop (files 200 mb or less, 150 dpi)
- PDFs (within 42” x 108” maximum size) (maximum 42” x 72”)
File types that cannot be printed large format include Word, Excel and Publisher, CorelDraw and Painter.
PowerPoint templates in a variety of commonly used sizes are available for download from this web page.
Please use one of the approved SDSU logos available for download on this web page.
Turnaround time for posters is two weeks. We strive to finish the posters faster, but our large, varied workload sometimes makes that impossible. Calling Graphics in advance to let us know your poster is coming will help us to plan and consider where your project fits into our production schedule.
Many posters are available at no cost to faculty or grad students with faculty co-authors when the poster is for educational purposes such as conference attendance or classroom use. We require payment under the following circumstances:
- Grant money is supporting the research presented in the poster
- The poster is being used for a fund raising activity
- The poster is being used for an event charging admission
If payment is required, ITS Graphics charges $27.00 an hour plus materials. Estimates are available
GET YOUR POSTER(S) PRINTED!
- Submit your poster file. You may email your files to Monika or bring your file to Graphics on a flash drive (Mac or PC). Be sure to include any files, such as tables, charts and images that are linked to your poster file.
- Submit a fully filled out poster submission form, including payment information, if required (an Oracle number or Purchase Order. We cannot accept cash or credit cards). The form (Word file) can be downloaded from the link on this web page. Work will not be started on your poster until the completed form and payment information (if required) is received.
- A final round of proofing for your poster. Unless your poster comes to us as a PDF, we will make a PDF of your poster on our system and email it to you for final proofing before we print your poster.