On October 27 join your fellow CSU colleagues at San Diego State University to dig deep into the use of immersive technology for teaching and learning in higher education, including SDSU’s Virtual Immersive Teaching and Learning (VITaL) initiative.
- 150 administrators, faculty and staff from 23 California State University (CSU) campuses.
- Try immersive technology gear and discover how to use them in learning spaces.
- Attend hands-on workshops.
- Hear faculty share their experiences across disciplines.
- Hear industry experts share ideas around immersive learning.
Co-hosted by SDSU Instructional Technology Services and Cal State Innovate.
8:00-9:00 AM – Continental Breakfast in ITS Courtyard (by invitation for CSU faculty and staff)
9:00-11:00 AM – Morning Experiential Workshops (by invitation for CSU faculty and staff)
10:30-11:30 AM – Registration
11:30-1:00 PM – Welcome, Lunch & Keynote (Immersive Education: How AR/VR Redefines Learning)
- Vinay Narayan – HTC: Executive Director of VR for HTC VIVE
1:00-2:00 PM – Panel (Beyond Edutainment: Teaching & Learning with Immersive Technology)
- Harsimran “Sim” Baweja – San Diego State University, Exercise & Nutritional Sciences
- Bernie Dodge – San Diego State University, Learning Design and Technology
- Barry Evans – San Diego State University, Computer Science
- Mihaela Popescu – California State University, San Bernardino, Communication Studies
- Jennifer Redd – San Jose State University, eCampus
- Peter Young – San Jose State University, Journalism & Mass Communications
- Linnea Zeiner – San Diego State University, Classics & Humanities
- Sean Hauze (Moderator) – San Diego State University, Instructional Technology Services
2:00-2:45 PM – Activity (Talk VR: Round Table Discussion)
2:45-3:45 PM – Industry Parnters and Faculty Demonstrations
3:45-5:00 PM – Panel (Immersive Technology Trailblazers: CSU Leadership & Industry Panel
- Justin Decker – DreamWorks, VP of Platforms & Infrastructure
- Arran Green – Sony, Director of Worldwide Studios Creative at PlayStation
- Fergus Hynd – Pearson, Innovation & Productisation Consultancy
- Carrie Shaw – Embodied Labs, CEO
- Jeff Weekley -UC Merced, Director of Cyberinfrastructure & Research Computing
- Deone Zell – CSU Northridge, Associate Vice President, Academic Technology
- Peter Campbell (Moderator) – CEO, Xpereal
5:00-6:30 PM – Reception
Parking and Driving Logistics:
Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center
5250 55th St
San Diego, CA 92182
Morning Workshops Location:
AH 1112 /1120 – Adams Humanities
Adams Humanities, 1st Floor
5500 Campanile Dr
San Diego, CA 92182
Complimentary parking is provided only on the lower level of Parking Structure 7 (P7)