The SI Leaders are the main workforce and heart of the program. The SI Program recruits motivated students who are knowledgeable about the course material and are prepared to help students understand difficult concepts.
SI Leaders develop a deeper understanding of the course material and improve their own capacity for learning. The SI Leader connects “what to learn” and “how to learn” by focusing on the most difficult content and facilitating group work using active learning strategies. Being a part of the SI Program will allow you to gain leadership experience, communication skills, and professionalism.
- Attend mandatory 2-day Fall 2020 SI Summit training before the semester begins
- Wednesday, August 19th
- Friday, August 21st
- Attend the course in-person lecture twice a week
- Check the University Schedule. Make sure it is set for Fall 2020.
- Have and maintain at least 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units of classes
- Receive at least a B+ in the class you are applying for
- Have taken the class within the last year, preferably the last semester
- Be willing to work 10 hrs a week
If you have any questions or concerns, please check the FAQ section or contact email@example.com.