The ITS Learning Research Studios (LRS) provide innovative learning spaces for faculty to experiment with state-of- the-art instructional technologies and student-centered classroom design.
LRS Reservation Request Timeline:
- LRS reservation requests for Fall and Spring will be accepted in November/December
- LRS decisions/instructor placements will be made for Fall by the end of January and for Spring by the end of March
LRS spaces encourage experimenting with technologies that:
- Support alternative models of organizing, teaching, and managing a class
- Promote use of educational multimedia
- Encourage interactive, interdependent, cooperative learning
- Use wireless technologies for teaching
- Assist with the formative student assessment of instructional approaches
Faculty who teach in the LRS are encouraged to pursue scholarly research related to pedagogical innovations in these spaces, and are supported by ITS staff and a cohort of fellow LRS faculty. To this end, and to help ITS provide relevant ongoing support, faculty are requested to deploy a student survey at the end of the semester, and to complete a faculty survey on their teaching experience in the LRS.
Getting Started Questions
How can I reserve time in an LRS space? – All prospective LRS faculty must complete the LRS Reservation Request form. ITS staff will acknowledge receipt of requests within two business days, and approvals will be sent following the schedule listed above. Late requests will receive a response within two business days and will be subject to availability.
How do I operate the equipment located in the LRS room? – A technician at ITS will be more than happy to provide an in depth training session, as well as best practices towards use of the room. Please call the ITS help desk at extension 4-5691 (619-594-5691) to schedule an appointment.