ITS Blog and News
Blackboard Upgrade this Weekend - System Offline August 16-18
If you haven't heard, Blackboard will be unavailable starting on Saturday, August 16 at 12:00 pm until Monday, August 18 at 6:00 pm while we complete a long overdue upgrade.
Curious to learn more? Let us know at email@example.com or 594-3485 and we'll conduct a session for you or your department at your convenience.
Smart Classroom Workshops August 18 - August 22, 2014
Monday, August 18th
- 9:00 a.m. AH-2108 (Control Panel)
- 10: 00 a.m. IT-101 (Touch Link) Interactive Display
- 2:00 p.m. ENS-280 (Control Panel)
- 3:00 p.m. SHW-12 (Touch Link)
Tuesday, August 19th
- 9:00 a.m. GMCS-333 (Touch Link)
- 11:00 a.m. SH-213 (Control Panel)
- 2:00 p.m. EBA-245 (Control Panel)
- 3:00 p.m. SHW-12 (Touch Link) Learning Spaces
Wednesday, August 20th
- 9:00 a.m. SSW-2514 (Control Panel)
- 12:00 p.m. IT-101 (Touch Link system) Interactive Display
Thursday, August 21st
- 9:00 a.m. LL-408 (Control Panel)
- 11:00 a.m. SH-316 (Control Panel)
- 1:00 p.m. NE-60 (Control Panel)
Friday, August 22nd
- 9:00 a.m. IT-101 (Touch Link system) Interactive Display
- 11:00 a.m. PG-153 (Control Panel)
If you have any questions, please contact Stan Greene at the ITS Check-out Counter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (619) 594-5691
Now Available: Course Design Institute Report 2008-2014
In Spring 2008, the Course Design Institute (CDI) was launched with the goal of creating fully online versions of high demand General Education (GE) courses in order to boost enrollment options for students during the San Diego State University (SDSU) Summer Session.
Since the program's inception, 78 faculty members have participated in the CDI to develop 85 online courses that have enrolled a total of 14,172 students. This report is intended to provide a brief overview of the program, as well as corresponding enrollment and performance data.
Report on Results from the 2014 ITS Faculty Survey
Serving faculty is ITS' primary mission. In order to better understand faculty needs and improve the quality of service we provide, ITS frequently seeks feedback, such as through our Faculty Support Survey. This survey was distributed through email to 2,272 faculty in spring 2014. The three goals of the survey were to:
- Create awareness of the ITS department
- Help ITS understand how today's faculty use ITS services
- Determine how ITS can better support faculty as it looks ahead to the next three-five years
329 faculty started the survey and 256 completed it. The response rate was 11% and included faculty from all eight of SDSU's colleges. 60% of the respondents were tenured or tenure-track faculty and 31% were lecturers. The remaining 9% listed themselves as administrator or "other." Almost two-thirds (62%) of respondents had 11 or more years of higher education teaching experience.
Download the full Report on Results from the 2014 ITS Faculty Survey.
Kelvin Crosby: From Where I Sit
SDSU Undergraduate Kelvin Crosby talks about the academic challenges he faces as a visual and hearing impaired student at SDSU and how CSU faculty and staff can help disabled students succeed in college.